Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Movie Preferences

  Oceans Eleven is an underrated classic. It's kinda like Leo’s Inception, where it takes a few times and a crap ton of attention to understand it, but once you do, the brilliance of it hits like an ocean wave, slowly dragging you into the amazement of it.
   80’s movies are my downfall. 90’s are a close second. But my undying love for The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Take up approximately 80.1232% of my heart, while the rest is reserved for food. You’ve Got Mail, Pretty Woman, and When Harry Met Sally are what I grew up watching, and are now what I base my love life off of; which is probably why I'm still writing the manuscript for my wedding.
   I've never understood why people like horror movies. They're full of negativity and horrible things; why would you want that in your life? The world is hard enough to stay positive in without being reminded of the scary vastness of how much we don't know or can't control.
   Movies and tv shows are my life. They're the best way for me to escape from reality, take a break from things. They also inspire me. I use them as a motivational tool. I'm usually in bed or on my couch in my front room. Before I got a job my mom and I would go see a movie in theatres every other week. It was great bonding time and a nice way to get out of the house. We've only been to the movies once since Campbell 16 closed. I really miss those nights, especially the popcorn. Movie theatre popcorn tastes so much better than regular popcorn.
   Building a fort and filling it like the inside of a pie with soft pillows and fuzzy blankets to settle in for a movie marathon of all of my favorite old time romance classics on a rainy day with candles burning next to a cracked window in an empty, quiet house is still on my to do list, but I like to think I'm close to checking it off.
   If I were to answer that last question honestly it would be sad and depressing and far too emotional than I would like to share, so instead I'm going to write about a day I hope to experience.
   Rain welcomes the hello from a long lost love of a window as the city outside begins to stretch and wake up. The slight breeze waltz in with smell of rain on its jacket as the perfume entices the scent of fresh laundry wandering around the apartment. They greet Frank Sinatra as he speaks a language of love threaded together by music notes of a saxophone.







 

1 comment:

  1. I hope my son has good memories of going to see movies with me all these years when he grows up...You're right--it's great "bonding time."

    ReplyDelete