Thursday, September 15, 2016

If I Were in Charge of the World

If I were in charge of the world 
I'd cancel Fox News,
purple eyeshadow,
The meat industry,
and required summer reading.

If I were in charge of the world
there'd be cleaner air and visible stars,
love around every corner,
and ball pits in the DMV.

If I were in charge of the world
you wouldn't have gender and race wage gap.
You wouldn't have police brutality.
You wouldn't have school courses so incredibly unreasonable it made you want to drop out,
Or an impaired educational system.
You wouldn't even have a broken system in general.

If I were in charge of the world
vegetables wouldn't be a bad thing,
and a person who sometimes forgets that how they acts effects others,
and sometimes forgets to be selfless
would still be allowed to be
in charge of the world.

1 comment:

  1. I like the clean and accepting world you've created. How wise are you to also realize, as it seems many your age do not, "that how they act effects others." That's one thing I've really had to reconcile as a teacher of teenagers, who are often so stuck in their own minds and bubbles, and not take some of what they do/don't do personally.

    ReplyDelete