Thursday, September 1, 2016

Keaton
“I love how you incorporated an "in the future" part. It added an intriguing twist to the poem.”
" I feel the life of the blanket somewhat represents growing up and starting to see the holes in the world until it becomes one big knot of tangled strings and pieces that we learn to live with and enjoy."
Hey, I loved this analogy. That's such a unique way of looking at it, and it's quite true.

Samantha
“Hey! Your poem does a really great job of painting a crystal clear picture of everything you're describing, and I think that's fascinating since that doesn't most of the time in poetry without losing it's poetic-ness, yet you managed to do both. It's very lovely.  “
“I admire how open you can be about your grief and memories. That's not an easy thing to, especially in front of the entire class. Your writing depicts the memories vividly and that makes the essay come to life. “

Alec
The poem describes you perfectly while at the same time throwing in some things that people might not know about you. I think it's adorable that you're overprotective. Hope to see some photos of your dogs on here!”
“This piece kind of reminds me of the children's book "The Giving Tree." It's such a different perspective, and I love your descriptions; they really paint a vivid picture. i agree with Samantha about your last sentence. It's my favorite part of the essay. “

Katelynn S.
“I love how your poem starts with something short and sweet. I think it adds this declarative vibe, like you know exactly who you are and is not afraid to show it. Plus the photos are awesome (:”
At first I couldn't decide it the story was true or not, but I'm dying to read more. That ending was perfect; it makes me want to keep turning pages until I've reached the end of the book!’

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your friendly and specific feedback, Kelli! Hope you had a nice time in Dallas. You'll want to check the class blog for what you've missed so you can get those pieces posted to your own blog. Some of the assignments call for use of paint swatches--you can just wing it on that part and choose a color on your own or find a paint sample online if you want to.

    ReplyDelete