Thursday, October 6, 2016

Newspaper Posts

Nation Left Dazed and Desperate 

Please tell me 
Explain to me why 
You think I am less than you 
For having different body parts

This nation is in an epidemic,
Filled with shots fired 
And dehumanizations tactics lucking 
Across textbook pages and 
Hidden in hallways

I'll never understand 
How people can believe that 
The gender that produces life 
Could ever be less than a sex organ 
In which is only good for 
Somewhat decent sex and providing the "Y" gene.
Excuse me if I don't discover the fascination with 
Something like that. 


          

2 comments:

  1. This was a very well written piece, and I can really see your passion for what you're writing about. I really like this piece a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A powerful point of view expressed here. The line "the gender that produces life" is especially effective to me...how could that power be underestimated or denied?

    ReplyDelete