Friday, October 7, 2016

Writers as Readers

   I love to curl up with feather blankets,  next to candles on rainy days and plunge into heart capturing book.

   I found that my writing style is very much like Nathaniel Hawthorne's, although I do like to try and incorporate some of John Green': style as well. For poetry, I try to imitate certain aspects of Rupi Kaur's style sometimes, depending on the subject of my poem.

   No matter if it was the very first book I read,  the Dr. Seuss biography is one of the first books I read, and definitely my favorite.

   My favorite series are:

Harry Potter (of course) - everything about this series engulfed my heart in a pit of bliss and love; it allowed me escape into a fantasy that was much better than my reality, providing me with relief from all the emotional burdens.
Percy Jackson, all series - I found a bit of myself in each character, plus it is about mythology and my fascination with that made all of Rick R's book a heaven for me.

   My favorite books are:

If I Stay - it is so beautifully heartbreaking with human emotion and connections, something I can't always relate to, therefore it gives me an ideal life I wish I had sometimes.
Looking for Alaska
Milk and Honey

   My goal ever since I was little has been to write a book before I finish school. Recently I've been curious about publishing a book of poetry. I'm considering the possibility of doing so.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you will pursue of writing your book, big or little. I use a site called lulu.com to self-publish our Think. Magazine each year...you could easily do the same with your poetry.

    ReplyDelete